Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ch-ch-changes

Have you ever known one of those people with impossibly high standards for their potential significant others?

I'm one of them.

I can't really explain why. I'm not much of a catch and I know that. I, however, often find myself 'crushing' on someone and then finding them repulsive a week later because I notice a small fault. It could be anything. It could be a crooked tooth, an accent, an ugly dog. Anything!

My point is that no one ever seems to be good enough for me and that is absolutely ridiculous. I know my standards are completely unreasonable - especially considering my imperfections - but I can't help it. I don't consciously make a decision to dislike them. It just happens. The question of the night is: Do I seek to find out the reasoning behind my crazy relationship bipolarism and settle for an annoying accent and ugly dog or do I continue to seek for the non-existent, perfect man?

In confusion,
Quinn

UPDATE:
I'm married. 2 years strong!

No comments: